Car Accidents (Driver Or Passenger)

Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident before 30th November 2017?

You can still get your personal injury claims in. Old laws apply to people injured before the new CTP Scheme kicked in on 1st December 2017, so don’t miss out on compensation.


Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident after 1st December 2017?

The new CTP Scheme that commenced on 1st December 2017, significantly affects motor accident compensation claims.


By far, the most common car accident compensation claims handled by our team of expert car accident compensation lawyers at Taylor & Scott, involve motor vehicles that have come into collision. Motor vehicles can be ordinary passenger cars, they can be buses, motorbikes, bicycles, trucks, utes, semi-trailers, in fact any form of motorised vehicle.

It does not matter if you were the driver of a vehicle or a passenger in the vehicle. If someone other than you was negligent in causing your car accident and you are injured, then you are entitled to bring a motor accident claim against the greenslip insurer of the motor vehicle at fault.

On occasions, injured persons are unsure if they have any rights because they may not have been wearing their seatbelt, they may have been in the back of a ute, a family member (husband, wife, son, daughter or other relative) may have been driving at the time. It does not matter. If someone else can be blamed, you need to contact the expert lawyers in car accident compensation here at Taylor & Scott Lawyers.

If you are injured in a car accident as a driver or passenger, please follow these simple rules:-

  • Note the time, date and street on which the accident occurred.
  • Obtain details of the driver you consider at fault. If you are able to get his/her licence number, this is also helpful.
  • Call the Police and inform them of the accident and inform them that you were injured.  Ask them for an Event number.
  • Seek medical help.  Attend a hospital, visit your doctor and make sure you tell your treaters of every injury you have suffered even if they appear trivial. Sometimes the immediate effects of the accident are not known or felt. Sometimes you are in shock and this can mask the effect of the injuries that you have suffered.
  • Keep records of all of your treatment. Keep copies of all of your accounts and receipts for treatment, chemist expenses, travelling expenses, physiotherapy and the like.

No matter what the circumstances, contact the experts in car accident compensation claims here at Taylor & Scott. We offer the following legal service in every car accident case where someone has suffered injury:-

  • A Free Case Assessment. This means we will invite you in for a conference, we will listen to you, we will explain the law, we will give you our opinion as to what you may be entitled to receive by way of compensation and we will outline to you how a car accident injury compensation claim is run here in NSW.
  • If we agree to act for you, it will be on a no-win/no-pay basis meaning if you don’t win, we don’t get paid.
  • We will not ask you for any money to assist with paying the various expert reports, filing fees and other disbursements that will be incurred in running your claim. You will not pay anything unless the claim is won.
  • We will meet with you at a time and place that is convenient to you. Often our clients are unable to attend one of our offices.  If this occurs, we will meet with you at your home, hospital or other convenient location.

Here at Taylor & Scott, our car accident experts are not interested in quick turnover. We take the time to listen and to understand how your accident has impacted on you personally, on your family, on your social life and your work life. Our team wants to ensure that you recover every dollar of compensation that you are entitled to.

Our team of expert car accident lawyers is committed to helping you to a better future.

So if you, a loved one, friend or acquaintance has been injured in a car accident either as a driver or passenger here in NSW, please phone us on 1800 600 664 or complete the Contact Form on this page. We will do everything we can to ensure that maximum compensation is achieved in your claim.

At Taylor & Scott “We Care For You”.