Worker’s rights related to being able to claim compensation for journey accidents have been severely restricted. To succeed in a claim, a worker must establish the journey accident occurred between home and work or vice-versa, with the journey having a substantial connection to employment. Each case is determined on its merits, according to the facts provided. For example:
- If you are simply travelling from home to work on your normal journey and you are involved in a motor vehicle accident you will not be covered for workers compensation, although, of course you may have rights against the other driver under the Motor Accidents Act depending on the circumstances of the accident.
- If your employer required you to detour on your drive to work, for example, to pick up some materials, and you were involved in a motor vehicle accident on the way, I think there is a real prospect you would succeed in a worker’s compensation claim.
How are journey accident claims addressed by compensation law?
Australian and NSW compensation law has evolved to encompass all of society. In other words, it’s possible to lodge a compensation claim for a wide range of situations where suffering has been caused either with intent or accidentally. Most Australians are familiar with workers compensation and car accident claims, but journey accidents are sometimes a ‘grey area’, as are a host of other scenarios where financial redress is fair and just. At Taylor & Scott Lawyers, it’s our business to achieve the best possible outcomes for journey accident victims who require compensation to maintain their quality of life.
Are compensation claims straight-forward?
Achieving desirable results from a compensation claim can be difficult for people unfamiliar with the law. Claims generally involve two or more parties, and even those who are admittedly in the wrong try to limit their generosity during legal wrangling. In situations where no one accepts responsibility for wrongdoing in a journey accident, a legal stoush may ensue requiring expert Taylor & Scott compensation lawyer assistance. There are times in life where professionally qualified guidance is the only sensible way forward and the best chance of receiving adequate compensation.
What is the maximum journey accident compensation claim?
Unfortunately, the million-dollar question isn’t relevant, as every compensation claim is judged according to individual merits. As with all law, solid evidence is valued more than testimony from possibly faulty memory, so it’s important to take appropriate steps after any vehicle accident. In some cases, journey accident injuries don’t fully manifest until a later date, and it’s worth reporting the accident and retaining relevant details and documentation even when the accident is minor. Journey accident considerations include:
- Employment duration
- What time the accident occurred
- Location where the accident occurred
- The nature of your work and tasks involved
- State of physical and mental health prior to the accident
- Probability of the accident or injury occurring regardless of work commitments
How can personal injury lawyers help?
Compensation law is a specialist field requiring years of study and training. Taylor & Scott Lawyers are long-serving legal representatives of the Australian people, delivering successful compensation claim outcomes since 1905. Personal injury lawyers are the link between casualty and compensation, overseeing every step of the claim, including compilation of legal documents, paperwork and evidence into an effective presentation. Taylor & Scott personal injury lawyers know exactly where they stand in making the strongest possible representation for every compensation claim.
If you are injured in a journey to or from work, contact the experts in workers compensation journey claims, Taylor & Scott Lawyers on 1800 600 664 or complete the contact form on this page.
Taylor & Scott are committed to helping you and your family to a better future.
At Taylor & Scott “We Care For You”.