If you have a fall in a public place and sustain injury, you may be entitled to claim damages for your injuries, wage loss and medical expenses. These claims are known as “public liability claims”.
The term “public liability claim” covers a wide variety of accidents. Examples of public liability claims include:
- Slip, trip or falls at shopping centres and supermarkets;
- Slip, trip or falls at rented residential premises;
- Slip, trip or falls at carparks;
- Injuries at sporting fields, public parks and reserves;
- Slip trip or falls on dance floors in clubs or at cinemas or restaurants; and
- Accidents at child care centres or schools.
Public liability claims are subject to the provisions of the Civil Liability Act 2002 and its regulations. This Act provides that if you are able to prove someone is at fault for your injury you may be entitled to damages from the following categories:
- Pain and suffering;
- Past and future wage loss;
- Past and future loss of superannuation;
- Past and future medical expenses; and
- Past and future domestic assistance.
Taylor & Scott Lawyers have been assisting injured people for over 118 years. If you are injured and think you have a public liability claim, you may have valuable rights which need protecting. We are proud of our reputation and can provide you with experienced lawyers in this area. We handle a broad range of cases ranging in minimal degree of injury to catastrophic cases, affecting young people and adults whose lives have been devastated by injury. Public liability claims are conducted by us on a no-win no-pay basis. This means Taylor & Scott Lawyers will carry your expenses and disbursements relevant to your claim until its successful completion. If you do not win you do not pay any costs to Taylor & Scott.
At Taylor And Scott ‘ We Care For You’