Questions and Answers
What are my rights as an injured worker?
Injured workers have a legal right to:
- Choose their treatment providers, including nominated treating doctors, medical specialists and rehabilitation providers
- Participate in the development of a return to work plan
- Participate and be consulted regarding the injury management plan
- Be treated with dignity and respect
What are my responsibilities as an injured worker?
Injured workers are responsible for:
- Co-operating and complying with the injury management plan and return to work plan
- Communicating regularly with the employer and insurer about their situation and notifying them of any changes to their condition or employment status
- Attending medical appointments with treatment providers including rehabilitation providers
- Attending medical appointments arranged by the insurer