Phone: (02) 8737 4500
Fax: (02) 8737 4555
Firm service areas: Immigration Law, Compensation
Qualifications and Admissions
- Registered Immigration Agent (No. 1383628)
- Graduate Certificate in Australian Immigration Law
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
Expertise and Practice Areas
- Immigration Law
Memberships and Industry Participation
- Law Society of New South Wales
Other Languages Spoken
Andrew Woo joined Taylor & Scott in March 2011 and was made an Associate in 2018.
Originally working with the firm’s compensation team, his passion and keen interest in immigration law took him to complete a Graduate Certificate in Australian Immigration Law and Practice. Upon attaining his qualification in immigration law, he began his career as a registered migration agent in 2013.
Andrew is a highly experienced immigration expert with years of gained knowledge and skills. Andrew’s expertise lies in health waiver submissions, general skilled migration, ENS, RSMS and 457 sponsor visas, state sponsorships, skills assessment with various assessing bodies and family stream visa applications.
Andrew is a passionate advocate, applying a sympathetic approach to the plight of clients and using his best endeavours to deliver the best outcomes. His proactive approach to deliver client-oriented and high-quality legal services has helped him build a great working relationship with his clients.
Andrew has successfully represented clients at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and regularly appears for merits reviews in a range of migration matters. He is particularly ardent about assisting clients with serious medical conditions in health waiver matters.
Andrew’s clients have included private individuals from all walks of life with complex migration law issues such medical conditions, professionals and small to medium businesses sponsoring their employees.
Andrew has presented various seminars on Skilled Migration for university students and has devoted time to do pro-bono work at a community based legal centre.
“It is important for my clients to clearly see that they are not taken for granted and are highly respected and valued by myself as their legal representative. Approachability and accessibility by making proactive and frequent contacts with the clients to keep them informed of any progress and have their concerns addressed promptly will be always paramount in my career as a lawyer.”
- 4 Years of Arduous Battle For a Partner Visa Eventually Paid Off For Andrew’s Client
- Overseas Student’s Dreams of a Better Life Crushed by Garbage Truck
- Migration: Health Waiver Success
- Key Things to Know About the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa
- Will a Health Issue Stop you from Gaining Permanent Residency in Australia?
- New Visa Changes for Same-Sex Partners