Phone: (02) 8737 4500
Fax: (02) 8737 4555
Firm service areas: Compensation, Litigation and TPD
Offices: Parramatta, Newcastle, Bathurst and by appointment at home or hospital
Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of NSW
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury
- Honorary Solicitor to St. Vincent de Paul Society
Expertise and Practice Areas
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD)
- Superannuation Law
Memberships and Industry Participation
- Law Society of New South Wales
- 2019 Doyles Guide – Recommended “Leading Work Injury & Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) – NSW”
Ray McClenahan is the Managing Partner at Taylor & Scott Lawyers. After joining the firm in 1989 as an Associate, he was made partner in 1991, before taking on the role of Staff Partner in 1997, and more recently, Managing Partner in 2018.
As a Partner, Ray manages the Workers Compensation and Superannuation dispute teams at Taylor & Scott. His primary work involves Workers Compensation, Total and Permanent Disability and income replacement disputes. Ray is recognised by the Law Society of NSW as an Accredited Litigation Specialist.
In his role as Staff Partner, Ray is responsible for coordinating and liaising with other Partners regarding issues of work performance, salary reviews and all other personnel and work-related staff matters. As Managing Partner, he oversees all divisions of the firm and externally manages relations with clients, financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
Ray brings well-rounded experience to each of his roles, having worked in Family Law, Property and Wills & Estates divisions, in addition to specialising in Personal Injury, in particular, Workers Compensation and Superannuation Insurance disputes. He has also conducted many personal injury and superannuation seminars. Ray is distinguished by his professionalism, genuine empathy and excellent communication skills.
Ray provides expert legal advice to a broad range of individuals, corporations and small business in the following areas:
- Workers Compensation
- Claims assessments
- Insurance matters
- Party responsibilities and liabilities
- Negligence and misconduct claims
- Involvement in alternative dispute resolution and mediation
- Professional negligence
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, bus, truck, bike, pedestrian, ferry and train accidents
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD) claims
- Superannuation Disputes
“Our goal is to provide high-quality legal services at affordable prices in all our areas of legal practice. To operate transparently and communicate effectively with our clients to achieve the most favourable outcome for their legal problems.”
- Another TPD claim Won by Ray McClenahan – Expert in TPD Claims Here at Taylor & Scott Lawyers
- Large TPD Payout Secured For Client by Ray McClenahan
- Plant Operator’s Fall From Machine Leads to Amputation of Leg and Large TPD Payout
- Is legal Advice Necessary When It’s a Minor Work Injury?
- Injured or Sick and can’t work? You may have a TPD claim
- About Compensation Law