Uninsured Liability Scheme Accidents (Vehicle At Fault Not Insured)

Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident before 30th November 2017?

You can still get your personal injury claims in. Old laws apply to people injured before the new CTP Scheme kicked in on 1st December 2017, so don’t miss out on compensation.


Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident after 1st December 2017?

The new CTP Scheme that commenced on 1st December 2017, significantly affects motor accident compensation claims.


All motor vehicles here in NSW are required to have third party insurance or greenslip insurance. This insurance is a prerequisite for getting your car registered.  Sometimes motor accidents occur and the driver/owner at fault does not have greenslip insurance, or the motor vehicle is not registered.  If you are the victim, that is not the party at fault, in such an accident and you are injured, obviously you would like to be properly compensated.

Here at Taylor & Scott motor accident lawyers, we have had many years of experience in dealing with uninsured and unregistered motor vehicles.  We are experts in obtaining motor accident compensation in these circumstances.


If you are injured in a motor accident which is not your fault, it is imperative that you report the accident immediately to the Police.  If the driver stops but doesn’t wish to give you details, take a note of the registered number of their vehicle.  Make sure you have a clear description of the driver and the type, colour and make of the vehicle that he or she was driving.  Contact Taylor & Scott immediately on 1800 600 664.

If the vehicle is uninsured, we will lodge a claim with the Motor Accident Authority on your behalf.   The State Insurance Regulatory Authority will then refer your claim to one of the recognised greenslip insurers here in NSW and they will act as agents and manage the claim on behalf of SIRA.

If we are able to prove negligence and the injuries and other losses you have suffered, you will be compensated.  Our compensation accident legal team will do everything they can to ensure you receive maximum compensation.

So if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident and the owner/driver is uninsured, talk to Taylor & Scott.  We will offer you:-

  • A Free Case Assessment at one of our offices, at your home, hospital or other convenient place here in NSW.
  • If we act for you, it will be on a no-win/no-pay basis meaning if you don’t win, then we don’t get paid.
  • We will retain all necessary experts to prove your claim for economic loss and for damages for the injuries that you suffer.
  • We will assist you in completing all necessary forms that need to be completed and served on the State Insurance Regulatory Authority.

Our motor accident compensation legal team will do everything they can to help you to a better future.

Contact us on 1800 600 664 or complete the Contact Form now on this page. Remember, time limits apply.

At Taylor & Scott “We Care For You”.